Supportive Child Care Worker
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Drive, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking a Supportive Child Care Worker. Reporting to the Manager of Dusk’a Head Start Family Learning Centre, the incumbent will be responsible for creating a caring, stimulating, safe and enjoyable learning environment that meets the individual special needs of the child, with functional direction from the early childhood educator overseeing the specific age group.
As an active team member within the Centre, the successful applicant will demonstrate superior program development and intervention skills, maintains effective working relationships with parents/caregivers, colleagues and allied professionals, and adheres to childcare policies, regulations and best practices. Knowledge of whole family learning, Aboriginal Head Start, aboriginal culture and history are required in order to be successful in the position, as is a knowledge of or willingness to learn Kwanlin Dün history, culture, goals and aspirations.
Demonstrated work ethic, commitment of the length of the term and the ability to maintain professional confidentiality is required.
- Current Childhood Education Certification; preference will be given to those with Level 3 designation, however we will consider Levels 1, 1A, 2, or 2A;
- Recent experience delivering children’s programming specific to the individual needs in an integrated multi-cultural setting;
- Experience planning, developing and implementing a variety of recreational, social, life skill and parenting programming and activities relevant to First Nation children which meets individual needs in the group setting;
- Experience working effectively in a team environment;
- Experience working under the guidance of individualized plans (or similar) and collaborating with allied professional organizations (Child Development Centre) to guide, develop, implement and make recommendations to revise programs and activities that meet the child’s needs in a larger group setting.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience in the areas above may be considered.
Conditions of Employment:
- Early Childhood Certification/Designation with a willingness to maintain and continue education
- An acceptable criminal records check
- A valid First Aid and CPR certificate
- Medical clearance, ’fit to work’ designation & TB test
- Current immunization record
- Valid Yukon Class 5 Driver’s license is required, Class 4 license is desirable
- Additional Information:
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, at the KDFN Administration Building (35 McIntyre Drive), via fax (633-8414), or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this confirmation within two (2) business days, please contact the KDFN HR Department at 633-7800. For a full job description, please visit the KDFN Administration Office or access one on our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy will be in effect. An eligibility list may be established from this competition.
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website