Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can provide content on Wayfinder?
A Service Provider refers to any individual or organization registered to the site for the purpose of providing content. Service Providers include but are not limited to funders, employers, training providers, as well as individual and organizations with relevant resources to share.
For more details about sharing content on Wayfinder see our Service Provider Policy.
2. How do I register to upload content on Wayfinder?
To register, simply go to the registration page to create an account. You can find the link to the registration page at the bottom of the site in the footer. Upon registration, you should receive a verification email with a link you will need to click. If you don't see it in your inbox, check your junk folder. Your provider request should be approved within 24 business hours. You will be notified as soon as you are approved at which point you can login and begin uploading content.
3. Do I have to register to view content on Wayfinder?
No, you do not have to register to browse the site. Only those interested in uploading content on the site need to register.
4. What if my organization is already a registered provider?
If you would like to upload content but someone else in your organization has already registered your organization as a provider you can register to be linked to and provide content on behalf of your organization. Simply click "Select an existing organization" at the bottom of the registration page, then choose your organization's name from the drop down menu.
5. Can multiple people be linked to one provider account (i.e., provide content on behalf of)?
Yes, anyone associated with an organization may register to provide content on its behalf. The first person to register an organization automatically becomes the primary contact (the primary contact can be changed at anytime by emailing email@example.com). When a new person registers to be linked to an existing provider the primary contact on that account will be notified of the request, for information purposes only.
6. Can I be linked to more than one provider account?
Yes, if you are associated with more than one organization you can request to have your user account linked to another (new or existing) organization so you may provide content on its behalf. To do so please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. How do I update my account information?
To change your password go to the login page and click "Forgot your password", enter your email associated with the account and you will receive an email with reset password instructions.
If you would like to update your email address, provider name or logo, or the primary contact on the account, please contact us at email@example.com
8. I forgot my password
If you forgot your password go to the login page and click "Forgot your password", enter your email associated with the account and you will receive an email with reset password instructions.
9. How do I login to the site?
As soon as your request to provide content on Wayfinder has been approved (usually within 24 business hours) you can login to the site by clicking on the red Service Provider Login button at the bottom of the site (in the footer).
10. How do I upload content to Wayfinder?
- Once your provider account has been approved, you can login (click on the red Service Provider button found at the bottom of the website).
- Using the menu in the header, navigate to the section of the site you want to post content in (e.g., Training).
- On the Training page, click the "Add Training" button (located at the top right of the category cards) to open a blank form.
- Complete the form and click "Submit for Review". Your post will be visible on the site as soon as it has been approved.
11. How do I view or edit the content I have uploaded to the site?
The easiest way to view and edit content you have posted to the site is through the Dashboard, which you can find in the header when you are logged in. In the Dashboard, find the post you are looking for, select the eye icon to view your post or the pencil icon to edit it.
Alternatively, when you are logged into the site, you can navigate to the section that has the post you are looking for (e.g., the Training section if you are looking for a training event you posted). You can use the filters to narrow your search. Once you have located the item you are looking for you can edit, duplicate, or remove it by clicking on the appropriate button.
You can duplicate a post by viewing it then scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking 'duplicate'. This will bring you back to the completed form, which you can edit then submit for approval. Editing a duplicate will not change your original post.
12. How do I unsubscribe from the e-newsletter?
If you no longer wish to receive the Wayfinder e-newsletter you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-newsletter or contacting the Training Policy Committee at 4230 4th Ave, Suite 6, Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 1K1 or by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 867-668-3813.
Have another question? Contact us anytime.