Records Management Clerk
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Drive, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Kwanlin Dün First Nation is seeking a qualified Records Management Clerk. Reporting to the Records and Information Manager & Privacy Officer, the Records Management Clerk is responsible for the confidential sorting, categorizing, filing and inventorying of official KDFN documentation including hard copy records and electronic records.
We are looking for individuals who are highly organized, who can think analytically and who are detail oriented and can work successfully independently. You must be able to work effectively and efficiently as part of a small team with minimal supervision. Strong organizational and time management skills and initiative are required for success.
- Post-secondary education in Records Management, Business Administration or a related discipline (please identify relevant courses in your resumé)
- Experience working in a confidential office setting handling confidential materials, using a variety of filing systems;
- Solid computer working experience, specifically Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel (mandatory);
- Experience working with databases is an asset;
- Experience conducting basic research, compiling and categorizing information.
Knowledge of Kwanlin Dün First Nation community, culture, governance and social structure, language and traditions are required for success.
Note: An equivalent combination of coursework, training, workshops and considerable experience in records management will be equally considered.
Job requirements: Physical fitness is required with the ability to lift boxes of up to 25 lbs. Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment as needed if handing contaminated materials. A satisfactory criminal records check will be required.
Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resumé
- Additional Information:
- Please submit your resumé and cover letter to: Human Resources, Department of Finance, 35 McIntyre Drive, via fax (633-8414), or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive an automatic response within 2 business days stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this automatic response, please contact the KDFN HR Unit. For a full job description, please visit the KDFN Administration Building or access one on our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy will be in effect. We thank all those who apply, only those selected for further assessment will be contacted. Note: Temporary Assignments from other governments and organizations for the length of the term will be considered. Please ensure you have supervisor’s approval before applying.
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website