- Yukon Energy Corporation
- Yukon Energy
#2 Miles Canyon Road, Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Y1A 6S7, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Hours / week:
- 40 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
The Opportunity: Maintenance Mechanic: Position # 92-18
Who we are: Yukon Energy is the main generator and transmitter of electrical energy in the territory. Our plant facilities are on the Traditional Territory of Yukon First Nations. There are 14 First Nation in the territory and we work within these Traditional Territories in all of our business operations. What will you do: The Maintenance Mechanical works as part of the Mechanical Maintenance team, performing Journey level mechanical/millwright work in the installation, repair and maintenance of various pieces of electrical generating units: hydro, diesel, natural gas and wind and their respective auxiliary equipment in a safe, reliable and efficient manner. This position includes plant operator’s responsibilities as operationally required. This position requires regular travel throughout the territory and periods of stand-by coverage. What you need to succeed:
- Journey certification as a heavy equipment mechanic or millwright with welding experience and several years’ previous mechanical and millwright experience, two of which are in a power generation environment.
- Knowledge of Windows based computer software applications.
- Certification in WHIMS, TDG, rigging and hoisting, confined space and fall arrest.
- Strong client service orientation with good interpersonal skills
- A proven track record and commitment to safe procedures and encouraging a safe work environment.
- A valid First Aid Certificate
- Ability to work in a team and cross cultural environment.
This position works in proximity to high voltage, spinning equipment, confined spaces, underground facilities, pressure vessels and cryogenic fluids. Exposure to heights, open water and plant environments. Travel and period of immediate stand-by coverage are requirements of this position. May be exposed to inclement weather while working outside and when traveling by ground or air. What’s in it for you: We offer a competitive starting rate and the opportunity to grow your career in a fast paced, challenging environment. Yukon Energy values diversity in the workplace. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and we are committed to the employment and career development of Yukon First Nations citizens. First Nations candidates are encouraged to self-declare.
To apply, submit a covering letter and resume to Human Resources via email at email@example.com. The posting will remain open until all positions are filled. First consideration will be given to applicants who are members of P.S.A.C. Local Y024.
For more information on Yukon Energy go to http://www.yukonenergy.ca
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website