Lands & Resource Planner
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Drive, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking a qualified Lands Planner to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Lands Planning, the Lands Planner will be responsible for professional land use planning by applying specialized knowledge for the long range and short range land use planning and land use projects for the Kwanlin Dun First Nation.
The position is responsible for providing support and guidance to projects, initiatives and developments being proposed or occurring on KDFN rural and urban lands as well as non-settlement land throughout the KDFN Traditional Territory. Implementation, evaluation and ensuring KDFN effectively meets the land and resource planning mandates under the Final Agreement, Self-Government agreement and other related agreements and statutes are also primary responsibilities.
Note: *An underfill/developmental opportunity may be considered for a KDFN Citizen*
- Degree or equivalent in Lands Management, Environmental Studies, Urban Planning, Land Resource Management or related field combined with experience working in land planning, or similar.
- Experience interpreting and administering complex legislation and regulations, preferably in a land management context;
- Knowledge and experience in sustainable land use, resource management and planning;
- Successful experience managing multiple projects;
- Solid writing skills with successful experience writing proposals, reports and briefing notes;
- Experience interpreting and providing advice on land issues, with the ability to handle politically sensitive matters; analyze, identify and recommend action options for senior management;
- Previous successful experience working in a first nation government setting is an asset.
- An in depth knowledge of various government and agency land administration processes and initiatives;
- Knowledge of the YESAA, environmental and socio-economic issues of impact assessment;
- Knowledge of Kwanlin Dün First Nation Final and Self-Government agreements; and
- Knowledge of Kwanlin Dün First Nations heritage, history, culture, demographics, goals, and aspirations.
Note: An equivalent combination of post-secondary coursework combined with training and considerable experience will equally be considered.
Necessary knowledge required for the position which may be assessed further includes:
Conditions of Employment: valid Class 5 Driver’s license
- Additional Information:
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, at the KDFN Administration Building (35 McIntyre Drive), via fax (633-8414), or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive an automatic response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this automatic response within two (2) business days, please contact the KDFN HR Department. For a full job description, please visit the KDFN Administration office or access one on our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy will be in effect, so please be sure to clearly self-identify. An eligibility list may be established from this competition. We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Temporary assignments of 24 months may be considered. Please ensure you have your supervisor’s approval to apply.
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website