- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Drive, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Kwanlin Dün First Nation, Executive Council Office is seeking an Implementation Advisor. Reporting to the Director of Governance, this position is responsible for facilitating the implementation of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) Final and Self-government agreements. The position promotes the interests of KDFN and provides advice, research, analysis within KDFN on matters related to the agreements and governance such as implementation, issues related to treaties and aboriginal rights, consultation, and First Nation relations.
The successful candidate will have strategic and critical thinking skills and abilities, have solid research skills and excellent oral and written communication to recommend strategies, policy positions, and to negotiate arrangements for implementation of the KDFN agreements. Solid work ethic, ability to adhere to strict deadlines and ensures KDFN’s interest and position is represented at various tables and with other governments and organizations.
This is not a training or developmental opportunity.
- Degree in First Nation Governance, Public Administration or a related field combined with significant experience in policy, intergovernmental relations or equivalent;
- Experience applying relevant public policy theory, appropriate research tools and analytical methodologies.
- Significant experience leading and developing governance positions;
- Considerable experience in crafting and analyzing agreements, policies, briefing materials, agreements and discussion papers (preferably in a government setting);
- Considerable experience providing analysis and recommendations on complex agreements and initiatives involving multiple partners (preferably in a government setting);
- Experience working in Canada’s North for Canada or Territorial Governments is an asset
- Working knowledge and experience interpreting Yukon Final & Self-government agreements is an asset.
Intimate knowledge and understanding of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation Final and Self-government agreements are required for success in this role and will be assessed further.
Understanding of KDFN culture, governance and social structure, language and traditions are necessary.
An equivalent combination of acceptable education and coursework and considerable experience in the areas identified above will be considered.
- Additional Information:
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via fax (867-633-8414), or via email to email@example.com For more information about this opportunity, please contact Tracy Boyes, Director of Governance at 867 633-7800 ext. 133 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org For a full job description, please contact us at email@example.com Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a response within two (2) business days stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this response, please contact the KDFN HR Department at 633-7800. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. You must have the legal right to live and work in Canada. We do not accept sponsorships at this time. The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect, please self-identify if you are KDFN. Temporary assignments of 24 months may be considered. Please ensure you have your supervisor’s approval
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website