Human Resources Advisor
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Kwanlin Dün First Nation is seeking a qualified recruitment specialist whose primary responsibility will be to support targeted and representative recruitment activities on behalf of the First Nation. You will thrive in a fast paced, creative, and ever changing and growing environment. Providing quality customer service, taking initiative and being fair, transparent and accountable are qualities you strive to attain daily in your work.
We are looking for a contributing team player who is an outside the box thinker and dynamic in how they approach their work.
Kwanlin Dün is a progressive government that provides for a positive work life balance, and a generous benefits package.
- Diploma in Human Resources Management or a related discipline combined with current experience in recruitment and other human resource services and support;
- Experience working within and providing interpretation of various Acts, Regulations (I.e.: Canada Labour Code, Employment Standards), case law, policies and guidelines;
- Considerable current experience coordinating and leading recruitment processes and activities;
- Experience drafting and modifying job descriptions;
- Knowledge of and experience with job classification is desired;
- Experience working as an effective member of a team in a human resource/labour relation capacity providing quality customer service to internal and external clients.
Knowledge of Aboriginal Peoples’ history with health and welfare/income assistance programs and familiarity with Kwanlin Dün First Nation history, culture, goals and aspirations is required for success in the role.
Note: An equivalent combination of education, training and considerable experience in the above areas will also be considered
Note: selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information provided in your resume.
Conditions of Employment: Satisfactory pre-employment Criminal Record Check; Valid Yukon Driver’s License is desirable; CPHR designation is an asset.
Closing Date: Friday, May 24, 2019 at 4:30pm
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, at the KDFN Finance Department (35 McIntyre Drive), via fax (633-8414), or via email to
For more information, please visit our website at, visit the KDFN Administration Office or contact KDFN Human Resources at 867-633-7800
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual email response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this response within two (2) business days, please contact the Human Resources Unit.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. We are unable to accept international applicants at this time.
Temporary assignments will be considered. Please ensure you have your supervisor approval PRIOR to applying.
The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect for all competitive processes.
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website