- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Drive, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking a Communications Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will be responsible for strategic communication and public relations, advice and support for the Government. The position requires considerable knowledge of government programs, policy and communication strategic planning processes. The position is responsible for planning, development and implementing a comprehensive integrated communications program that reflects the KDFN government strategic direction, objectives, priorities, programs and initiatives.
This is not a training and development opportunity
- Bachelor Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field of study;
- Demonstrated skill and experience in the design, implementation and execution of marketing, communication and public relations services and activities, preferably in a government setting;
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications;
- Experience writing for a variety of audiences and through different media;
- Experience coordinating communication services for a number of departments;
- Successful experience managing a budget and staff;
- Experience dealing with complex and strategic communication issues.
Strong computer literacy including database management and solid desktop publishing skills, inclusive of social media is required and may be assessed further.
An understanding of First Nations cultural and social contexts is required. Knowledge of the history and culture of the Kwanlin Dün community, culture and family structures is necessary for success.
Note: An equivalent combination of post-secondary coursework, training, workshops and significant experience will equally be considered.
Conditions of employment: A valid class 5 drivers’ license & personal transportation, pre-employment criminal records check. Occasional evening and weekend work is required to attend special events and General Assemblies.
- Additional Information:
- *KDFN has a generous employer paid benefits package that commences after 3 months of continued employment. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day (1820 hours per year). Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, KDFN Finance Department via fax (633-8414) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information, please visit our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment, or contact KDFN Human Resources at 867-633-7800 Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual email response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this response within two (2) business days, please contact the Human Resources Unit. We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Temporary assignments may be considered, please ensure you have approval prior to applying. The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect. An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future.
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website