Electrical Instrumentation Coordinator
- Yukon Energy Corporation
2 Miles Canyon Road, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 6S7, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 40 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
The Opportunity: Permanent, Full Time Position - Position # 88-03 Yukon Energy is the main generator and transmitter of electrical energy in the territory. Our plant facilities are on the Traditional Territory of Yukon First Nations. There are 14 First Nation in the territory, and we work within these Traditional Territories in all our business operations. What will you do?
The Electrical Instrumentation & Control Coordinator works in a team-based environment and provides technical, design and project management services throughout all stages of assigned capital and O&M Instrumentation control and other assigned electrical projects. Performs Journey level electrician work on new equipment installations and the rebuilding, testing and calibration of existing assets and instruments.
What do you need to succeed?
• Journeyperson Electrician and/or Power System Electrician
• Instrumentation and Control technician certification
• Proven project management experience
• A minimum of three years’ experience maintaining, testing and calibrating instrumentation and control equipment
• Experience with high voltage test equipment
• Experience with PLC troubleshooting, maintenance and programming
• Proficiency in Windows based computer software applications, maintenance programs and electrical design software
• Certification in WHMIS, TDG and rigging and hoisting
• Strong client service orientation and good interpersonal skills
• A proven track record and commitment to working safely
• A valid class 5 drivers’ license
• A valid First Aid certificate
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a team enabling Yukon’s prosperity with sustainable, cost-effective and reliable electricity. We thrive on the challenge to work safely, to be accountable, working together to deliver professional service to internal and external customers. We care about each other and being good corporate citizens. Yukon Energy values diversity in the workplace. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and we are committed to the employment and career development of Yukon First Nation citizens. First Nation candidates are encouraged to self-declare.
Competitive Compensation: $45.60 - $54.47 per hour plus Northern Bonus’.
What are the working conditions?
This position requires regular travel throughout the territory and periods of stand-by coverage.
To apply, submit a covering letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled. We appreciate all responses however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada for any employer.
Date Posted: September 15, 2021
- Additional Information:
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website