Driver - Auxiliary on Call
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Driver, Whitehorse, Yukon, Y1A 5A5, Canada (Whitehorse, YT)
- Hours / week:
- Not Specified
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking a qualified driver. Reporting to the Manager, Home & Community Care, the incumbent will be responsible for the careful driving of our Elders, persons with mobility challenges & clients of the KDFN Health Centre to and from appointments, on scheduled outings & will be providing other support services for KDFN’s health programs as required. You will be physically fit, able to lift property, demonstrate a healthy lifestyle & have good work ethic (i.e.: adhere to traffic laws, come to work on time, maintain confidentiality and help out).
The successful applicant will have excellent people and communication skills. They must be able to foster trust and acceptance from the community and with clients. Knowledge of the Kwanlin Dun community and City of Whitehorse is required.
Education & Experience:
- Valid Yukon Class 4 Drivers license with a current drivers abstract;
- Accident-free (minimum of 3 years)
- Knowledge and experience with basic vehicle maintenance;
- Experience maintaining a detailed vehicle log-book;
- Experience managing daily and weekly schedules with minimal supervision;
- Experience using a computer and keying information to a database is an asset;
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with clients, community and staff.
- Ability to maintain an ongoing acceptable driver’s abstract
Conditions of Employment:
- Maintain Yukon Class 4 Drivers license with a clean/acceptable drivers abstract;
- Standard First Aid & CPR, TDG, Food Safe certification (or willingness to obtain ASAP);
- Current acceptable criminal records with vulnerable sector check prior to starting work;
- TB Test (or willingness to obtain the first day of work)
*Please provide copies of these certificates/licenses when you apply.
Job Requirements: Literacy skills are required for reading manifests, obtaining directions and making notes; physical fitness for lifting; ability to travel in and around Whitehorse with possible trips to Yukon communities; mandatory confidentiality. Knowledge of Kwanlin Dün First Nation culture and community is required.
- Additional Information:
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via fax (867-633-8414), or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response within two (2) business days, please contact the Human Resources Unit. For a full job description, please our website at: http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect. An eligibility list may be established from this competition to AOC positions with other KDFN departments. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website