Language and Culture Coordinator
- Kwanlin Dün First Nation
- Full time
- Hours / week:
- 35 hours/week
- Wage / Salary:
- Not Disclosed
- Date posted:
- Closing date:
Kwanlin Dün First Nation’s Department of Education is seeking applicants for a Language and Culture Coordinator to complement our team. Under the Director of Education, you will be responsible for supporting the Language and Culture Revitalization Working Group (LCRWG) with the implementation of initiatives to increase the use of Kwanlin Dün languages, culture and traditions in the Kwanlin Dün First Nation government and community.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, have excellent written and oral communication skills, financial management skills, event management skills, and will be able to work collaboratively with the community, LCRWG, KDFN Departments and other agencies.
- Grade 12 or equivalent and relevant post-secondary course work, training or workshops in language, heritage, culture, first nation governance or similar
- Member of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation or other documented First Nation (must declare);
- Experience planning, coordinating, and facilitating workshops;
- Experience taking professional minutes;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and various databases search engines and outlook/email;
- Demonstrated ability with budget development and monitoring budget variances;
- Experience working with youth and elders is an asset;
- Experience conducting research and analysis is an asset;
- Equivalent combination of education, administrative support, minute taking, event coordination, community consultation experience, or similar will be equally considered.
Please note: selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information provided in your resume.
Knowledge of Kwanlin Dün’s history, culture, demographics, goals, aspirations and the community’s history with formalized education systems, residential school and on-going inter-generational effects is a requirement of the position;
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, at the KDFN Finance Department (35 McIntyre Drive), via fax (633-8414), or via email to
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this automatic response within two (2) business days, please contact the Human Resources Unit at 633-7800.
For a full job description, please visit the KDFN Administration Office or access one on our website at .
Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect – please be sure to clearly self-identify.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Additional Information:
- Closing Date: Thursday March 7, 2019, by 4:30pm
- To apply:
- View Employer’s Website